August 19-21, 2022
Please join us for a weekend filled with Fleckenstein Brewery-focused events.
The Weekend Schedule:
* 5:15 pm – Car Cruise: Before joining the downtown Car Show, come down to the museum with your car and join a pre-show parade around the city of Faribault. We are asking all drivers to line up by 5:15. The parade will leave promptly at 5:30, escorted by the Faribault Police and the newly restored 1946 Fleckenstein Brewery Delivery Truck.
* 6:00 – 9:00 pm – Downtown Car Cruise-In: Faribault Chamber of Commerce is hosting their monthly Car Cruise-In downtown Faribault
* State Bank of Faribault Fleckenstein Brewery Exhibit Open to the Public during the Car Show
* 10:00 am – Dedication of the new Fleckenstein Bluff Park : To learn more about the park and the City of Faribault’s dedication plans click on the story on KDHL’s website: https://kdhlradio.com/fleckenstein-bluffs-park-is-nearing-completion/ This event is FREE and Open to the Public.
* 1:00 pm – (TICKETED EVENT) “Fleckenstein Brewery, A History” will be presented by long-time Fleck’s collector and historian, Brian Schmidt as well as special guest Al Fleckenstein. They will share the history of the family and brewery as well as the recently completed restoration of the 1946 Fleck’s Delivery Truck. This event will be held at the Rice County Historical Society at 1814 NW 2nd Ave., Faribault, MN.
* 3:00 pm (TICKETED EVENT) – Tour of the old Fleck’s brewery ruins site Ticket holders will be able to take a tour of the former site of the Fleckenstein Brewery. Please note, although this site is on the Shattuck-St. Mary’s Campus, due to other S-SM events, all guests will need to park in the Tennis Parking Lot. Look for the signs on Shumway Road. Volunteers will also guide you to the right location. (We will NOT be driving through the famed arch for this event.)
Tickets are required for the Saturday program and brewery tour! Due to space limitations at the venue sites, there are only 50 available tickets. The tickets are being sold as a package: for $20 you get entrance to both events as well as one commemorative bottle of Grape Pop produced for this event. All are STRONGLY urged to get your tickets in advance. To purchase tickets, stop out at the museum at 1814 2nd Ave NW, Faribault, or call us at 507-332-2121 to place your order over the phone. Please note, tickets to these two events are only available through the package.
The pop may be purchased separately for $5.00 each.
Please contact the Rice County Historical Society at 507-332-2121 to purchase tickets, purchase pop, or for more information.