Sat., July 28, 2018
Brian Schmidt will lead a walking tour of the Old Fleck’s Brewery where participants will get a chance to look around these hard-to-access ruins. Photos of the Brewery will be spread throughout the site, and Schmidt will help visitors see how the Brewery would have been in its prime. Access to this site is through private property graciously opened to RCHS for this event by Shattuck-St. Mary’s.
After the morning tour, we will join those going on the afternoon tour for lunch at the Shattuck-St. Mary’s Inn and enjoy a taco buffet lunch and listen to a program that will add more in-depth history of the Fleckenstein Brewery. Special Guest, Al Fleckenstein and other family members from around the country will be joining the tour and program as well/
Choose from one of 2 tours to choose from: a 9:30 am tour or 1:30 pm tour. This year the tour ticket price also includes a lunch and a program about the history of the Fleckenstein Brewery. Both the lunch (11 am) and the program (12 pm) will be held at the Shattuck-St. Mary’s Inn and will take place between the two tours.
The tour will begin near the Shattuck Bell Tower in the NW Corner of the Shattuck-St. Mary’s campus. Enter the campus through the arch, and follow the loop. There will be signs for the RCHS Walking Tour. The tour includes a walk down the bluff to the Brewery ruins, so good walking shoes or hiking boots, weather appropriate clothing, bug spray, and a bottle of water are encouraged.
Admission is $17.50 for non-members and $15 for members. Please contact the Rice County Historical Society at (507) 332-2121 with any questions or to reserve either a morning or afternoon tour.
Space is limited and reservations are required. Call now!
90 Feet to the Fleckenstein Brewery
FLECKENSTEIN WALKING TOUR UPDATE:
The Rice County Historical Society’s walking tours of the Fleckenstein Brewery site are now FULL to capacity.
We would like to thank everyone who signed up for the tours.
For those who can’t be at the upcoming tours – RCHS is planning to repeat this event either in the fall, or next spring, in order to help more people experience this important piece of Faribault history. If you would like to be put on a waiting list, please call us at 507-332-2121.
The Rice County Historical Society is offering a 90th Anniversary Celebration event – a walking tour of the Fleckenstein Brewery site!
Join Brian Schmidt as he leads a walking tour of the Old Fleck’s Brewery site. Tour participants will get a chance to explore these hard-to-access ruins. Photos of the Brewery will be spread throughout the site, and Schmidt will help visitors see how the Brewery would have looked in its prime.
The tour will be $3.00 for non-members and FREE for members.
The morning tour is FULL, but the afternoon tour will begin at 12:30 PM. The tour will begin in the NW corner of the Shattuck-St. Mary’s campus. Enter campus through the arch, and follow the loop to the left about halfway. Follow the signs for the RCHS Walking Tour.
Both tours include walking on steep or uneven ground. Good walking shoes or hiking boots, weather appropriate clothing, bug spray, and a bottle of water are encouraged.
Contact us at 507-332-2121. Preregistration is required.
The Rice County Historical Society’s Fleckenstein Brewery Walking Tour Event filled up fast, so we have added a third timeslot to our Saturday, April, 22, walking tour at 3 pm. Call quickly to reserve your spot!
A perfect day: as we look at the extended forecast for this coming Saturday, it is going to be a perfect day for the Fleckenstein Brewery walk. For those that have signed up already, don’t forget your camera. There will be two things that you for sure will want to take a picture of, which I can’t tell you what it may be. Expect the unexpected on this walking tour. Thanks to all that help support the Rice County Historical Society’s events and programs.
For more information or to make reservations, call us at 507-332-2121.
August 19-21, 2022
Please join us for a weekend filled with Fleckenstein Brewery-focused events.
The Weekend Schedule:
* 5:15 pm – Car Cruise: Before joining the downtown Car Show, come down to the museum with your car and join a pre-show parade around the city of Faribault. We are asking all drivers to line up by 5:15. The parade will leave promptly at 5:30, escorted by the Faribault Police and the newly restored 1946 Fleckenstein Brewery Delivery Truck.
* 6:00 – 9:00 pm – Downtown Car Cruise-In: Faribault Chamber of Commerce is hosting their monthly Car Cruise-In downtown Faribault
* State Bank of Faribault Fleckenstein Brewery Exhibit Open to the Public during the Car Show
* 10:00 am – Dedication of the new Fleckenstein Bluff Park : To learn more about the park and the City of Faribault’s dedication plans click on the story on KDHL’s website: https://kdhlradio.com/fleckenstein-bluffs-park-is-nearing-completion/ This event is FREE and Open to the Public.
* 1:00 pm – (TICKETED EVENT) “Fleckenstein Brewery, A History” will be presented by long-time Fleck’s collector and historian, Brian Schmidt as well as special guest Al Fleckenstein. They will share the history of the family and brewery as well as the recently completed restoration of the 1946 Fleck’s Delivery Truck. This event will be held at the Rice County Historical Society at 1814 NW 2nd Ave., Faribault, MN.
* 3:00 pm (TICKETED EVENT) – Tour of the old Fleck’s brewery ruins site Ticket holders will be able to take a tour of the former site of the Fleckenstein Brewery. Please note, although this site is on the Shattuck-St. Mary’s Campus, due to other S-SM events, all guests will need to park in the Tennis Parking Lot. Look for the signs on Shumway Road. Volunteers will also guide you to the right location. (We will NOT be driving through the famed arch for this event.)
Tickets are required for the Saturday program and brewery tour! Due to space limitations at the venue sites, there are only 50 available tickets. The tickets are being sold as a package: for $20 you get entrance to both events as well as one commemorative bottle of Grape Pop produced for this event. All are STRONGLY urged to get your tickets in advance. To purchase tickets, stop out at the museum at 1814 2nd Ave NW, Faribault, or call us at 507-332-2121 to place your order over the phone. Please note, tickets to these two events are only available through the package.
The pop may be purchased separately for $5.00 each.
Please contact the Rice County Historical Society at 507-332-2121 to purchase tickets, purchase pop, or for more information.